Friday, October 23, 2009

Ready for Halloween

Last week Jake had his pictures taken in his costume. He makes a handsome fireman, complete with his firetruck. We are planning a small party at our home on Halloween evening, with about 4 of his friends that will join us for trick 'r treating. Unfortunately we think its suppose to rain, so our backup plan is to have a pinata and games for the little ones. (stay tuned for those pictures) Lots of yummy food planned, can hardly wait!


Thursday we went to Seven Oaks Farm and bought pumpkins. Orange, white, green, fat, skinny, big and small! Pumpkins of all kinds, along with a petting zoo, peddle tractors, and farmers market. We managed to arrive between shifts of schools, otherwise it would of been a zoo! Literally!
The rain is on its way, believe we enjoyed our last beautiful day of sunshine Thursday. I've started a few sewing projects to keep me busy this winter, one in particular I'm excited about. A friend's mother in-law has a portable (fabric) high chair seat that you attach to any chair to make your toddler secure while eating. I copied the pattern and am on my way to sewing some for friends, and have pondered the idea of selling them online; we'll see how motivated I get!
And Troy has been busy with work as usual, but business is good for this time of year. He's super excited about the Broncos going 6-0 last weekend against the Chargers, are we seeing a Super Bowl in their future?!?!







1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Elizabeth! Jake is so darn cute! Enjoyed the brief chat last night. Kids are in bed and I am hoping to get there by 10pm.

    ReplyDelete