
Last week/end was a busy one for us! Of course Monday dawned a very exciting football game, Packers vs. Vikings, so we had a house full over for Spaghetti and Football. That evening, while the boys were watching ball, I decided to give Jake a bath. He helped himself by crawling in the bathtub full clothed (including a stinky diaper). He loves baths, obviously! Every
tuesday Jake has swim lessons in the evenings, and
wednesday we go to story time at the library.
Aside from that, Jake stayed home with our new babysitter on
thursday morning while I ran errands and he absolutely loved her (me t00)! She lives in our neighborhood, just started college, and is great with kids. This will be really handy when its cold/wet out and I need to run errands. Thursday was also another great day, Troy and I celebrated our 4
th wedding anniversary! Jake went to dinner and hung out with Melinda, Ryan & Georgianna (great friends!) while Troy and I enjoyed a delicious dinner in Jacksonville. Hard to believe 4 years have flown by so quickly...what great memories!

Saturday, Troy and Jake woke early to join the "locals" at Donut Country. The guys there love when Jake comes in, he only lowers the average age by 60 years. They heard some good jokes, ate donut holes, in which Jake found a place that morning for 6! That afternoon we went to the
Applegate Ranch Harvest Festival. Jake of course spotted the John Deere mower immediately, which was pulling a train of "cars" around a track. Jake was on a first name basis with the operator, and went for 3 rides, without a care in the world where we were. Troy launched pumpkins from life

size sling shots, not sure how that fits in at the harvest fest. We took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and corn maze, which "Farmer Jake" was smiling from ear to ear. Jake found humor in throwing the smaller pumpkins, and kept referring to them as "balls." Good day! Lots of fun in the fall!

Sunday was a great day, the Broncos won! And we know this, because we
listened to it on the
internet. What can I say, Troy loves the Broncos, thankfully it was a great game. But not sure how I like hearing it blare through on surround sound in the living room, without any visual assistance.
Beautiful day, so we did some yard work, took walks, baked cookies and ate Troy's famous ribs. Jake and Troy worked on some sprinklers, did I mention Jake helped! Covered from head to toe in mud. This was shortly before he decided to eat a poisonous berry off of the laurel bushes in our yard. Thankfully I have the Poison Control
hotline on speed dial. He didn't eat enough, but scared us to death! Boys will be boys!

Luckily, mud cleans up.....and off to bed!
Maaaw! (what Jake says when he kisses)
I love the blog Elizabeth and I am so excited to see more often what your family is up to.
ReplyDeleteI'll ring you this weekend as we are traveling to MN. Love, Lynn